In these unique, uncertain market conditions, determining the optimum time for the sale of your home can be a confusing task, particularly as the prime selling season of spring and summer wanes. But consider these points if you are thinking of listing your home in the next 30 days:
1. Buyers looking for a home during the winter/holidays are generally more serious in their searches. Often these buyers have a very specific time frame and objective so their motivation is high.
2. The inventory of homes generally declines during the latter part of the year so there could be less competition for your home.
3. By selling now, a seller has the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when the inventory traditionally grows.
4. Some buyers have time constraints and will be highly motivated to purchase before the year’s end.
5. Buyers may have a break from work during the holidays and, consequently, may have more time to shop and preview homes.
6. Holiday decorations can make homes more appealing and attractive.
7. Because of the holidays, you can still be on the market but have the option to restrict showings during the peak holiday times.
No matter what time frame you may choose to list your home, be sure to consult with a qualified Intero Realtor to get sound counseling and advice.